Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Looking forward to the change

Typically at this time, we release a “Tuesday's Tip”. Due to equipment upgrades and changes that we are making there will be no tip this week. However, I would like to take this time to bring you up to speed on what we are doing and what we are really about.  "Tuesday Tip" will return at it's reguarly appointed day next week.

On Wednesday, June 1st, 2011, r.b. wright outdoors will be launching a new website.  This blog will go back to the intended purpose of being a place where I will submit my writings dealing with hunting, fishing, and life.

The website is one that I hope will have information that you – the everyday outdoorsman or woman – find of value for your everyday applications. The pages on the new site include the following:


Tuesday’s Tip – Weekly tips from myself, r.b. wright outdoors’ ProStaff, or people we have come across in our travels. These tips generally deal with hunting and fishing but occasionally deal with life issues.

Product Reviews – Every product we review goes through a five point checklist. This video diary explains what we like about the product and what concerns we may have derived as a result of the test.

• “The Good Stuff” – Admittedly by nature, I am a fairly conservative guy. You will not see me bungee jumping, you will not hear heavy metal blaring as I shoot a deer followed by excessive celebration. Nothing wrong with that by any means, I watch it as well and enjoy it. My personality is not “wired” that way. This is where you will find our hunting and fishing segments. It will feature various members of the r.b. wright outdoors team doing what we love…hunting and fishing. Just without all the hype.

Outdoorsman360 – This is one of the features that I believe sets us apart from the other guys. Yes we want to help you become a better hunter or fisherman but we also want to help you enjoy the outdoors more. I believe that this is achieved through becoming well-rounded…hence Outdoorsman360. The page will deal with three main topics…Health, Finances, and Balance. We have connected with doctors, nutritionist, and trainers who will explain not only the benefits of losing 10 pounds, but also how to lose 10 pounds. Getting in shape can give the edge outdoors. We have also teamed up with Financial Planners and experts to share the knowledge in regards to budgeting and investing. I am certain that we all would agree that when our financial house is in order…we can focus better on what we are doing. The final area is balance. We have reached out to nationally recognized speakers, pastors, and counselors to discuss how to find the “true balance” in your life. It took me many years to grasp onto the understanding that when the three afore mentioned items are where they should be – life is good. When life is good I can really focus on what I am trying to accomplish whether it is hunting, fishing, or running a business. As a side note -- each of these contributors are also hunting and fishing enthusiast - so they know the demands you face.

The Frugal Outdoorsman – this has become one of my favorite segments. We have folks from all over the place sending  ideas on how they save money while in the field. This segment regularly features a longtime friend of mine, Lenox Harrelson. Lenox has spent his entire life building his own blinds, feeders, clothes, and decoys. He has mastered how to hunt and fish effectively with very little money. I look forward to watching this segment grow and hearing ideas from more of you.

r.b.’s video thoughts – Have ever had a thought that you wanted to share with someone and there was nobody around to listen? Happens to me all the time. This is why I keep a small camera mounted in my truck. Many times when I am driving to our next destination, I have thought that I want to share. Sometimes it deals with hunting and fishing. Sometimes it is just a thought. These sometimes funny segments are designed to really make you think about the topic being discussed.

The Challenge – This challenge is open to anyone who desires to lose 10lbs. It is on this page that we post success stories from followers across the country in regards to getting in shape. I had one follower who told me he watched one of our segments and quit smoking. Lifestyle changes are never easy – this page is designed to serve as your accountability partner, cheerleader, and yes even your “success stage”.

Our Sponsors – This page highlights the people who help make r.b. wright outdoors possible. More than that - these guys love the outdoors as much as you and I; they work hard to help conserve the heritage and tradition that we love.  We also only endorse products that we personally use in our applications.  If you are interested in talking about a spronsorship realtionship with r.b. wright outdoors please e-mail me at rb@rbwrightoutdoors.com

Photo Gallery – This is where followers have submitted their photos of hunting and fishing adventures with a story line. This is the hunting/fishing “Bragging Board”. We are currently looking for more pictures and stories to post prior to launch next month – please submit yours to Jennifer@rbwrightoutdoors.com

Who we Support – I believe in sustaining the resource. I believe in conservation. I believe in service to humanity. These are the organizations that are on the front lines in these battles and are organizations we support. I encourage you to do the same.

Guestbook – This is the page where you sign in, leave your thoughts, suggestions, and comments or just say hi.

Contact Us – We want to hear from you – this is the easiest way to get in touch with us.



I look forward to what lies ahead for us. I look forward to hearing from you and you becoming a part of what is happening here. If at anytime you have comments, suggestions, or questions do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a great week and thank you for your follow.



r.b. wright

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new website! I'm excited to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin - Thanks for the support and I appreciate your follow! Send us pictures for our wall...thanks again

    ReplyDelete